These Coconut Lemon Zingers are treats and a great snack to have on hand, and they taste like dessert! Even better—they are great for your health! Just keep them in the freezer to keep from melting. Anytime you need something sweet, they are there for you.
Good for Your Health
These coconut treats are an easy way to take coconut oil every day (it is recommended to take one tablespoon of coconut oil for every 50 pounds). Taking good fats will increase your HDL level and help naturally fight the “bad fat” (LDL) in your system. In addition, coconut oil has the same fatty chain that our brain is made up of, the same fatty chain that is also found in mother’s milk. Our brain is fully developed at age six, thus it is a great supplement and treat to give to children until age six.
Recipe adapted from Coconut Treat
Would you like a chocolate version better? Check out my recipe Chocolate Coconut Dark Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
- Soften coconut oil in a glass bowl in a pot of hot water*
- Add lemon oil, zest and sweetener.
- Mix well and place in small ice cube tray. Place in fridge to cool.
- Store in freezer in a freezer baggie, or airtight sealed container.