Honey Whole Wheat Pancakes
Serves family of 5
These honey whole wheat pancakes are light and fluffy and easily made gluten free. I use a vanilla almond milk with this recipe and coconut oil for a sweeter slightly nutty flavor. When your body gets used to a healthier version of pancakes and baked goods, you will notice when you eat the refined white flour pancakes you get a “heavy” feeling after. This is the feeling I try and avoid with all foods. I have a wheat grinder and get a local low gluten wheat, but you can use whatever flour you like. I do like doing this recipe with half the flour as sprouted organic spelt flour, it changes the texture and makes it different.
- 2 cups coconut or almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon real salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut or almond milk, two eggs, oil, honey.
- Add dry ingredients, whole wheat flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix quick with a whisk and do not overmix. Just mix until incorporated and until you see bubbles form.
- Add 1/3 C batter on hot pan and cook till bubble and edges look dry, then flip till golden.
- Serve with organic butter and pure maple syrup.