These little chocolate goodies are easy to make and have on hand in the freezer. Easy to grab and go, these are here for little snacks and good for you! The Coconut Oil Dark Chocolate Chunks help increase the HDL in your body and fight the bad fat and bring your cholesterol into balance all by them selves. OK- not really, enzymes are needed as well but guilt free and good for the kids, gives these a try! There are so many varieties and flavors you can try with essential oils and a bit of zest.
Coconut Oil Dark Chocolate Chunks
- ¾ cup coconut treat coconut oil
- ¾ cup liquid sweetener (honey, maple, molasses, or a mix. Or do 1 squirt of chocolate liquid stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Soften coconut oil in a glass bowl in a pot of hot water. Do NOT melt all the way to where the oil is clear and runny (It will take longer to freeze if you do) Just enough so you can stir it, like a runny think pudding consistency.
- Add the rest of ingredients. Whisk together thoroughly.
- To make chunky dark chocolate bars, line a baking dish with parchment paper, and pour in the chocolate. Refrigerate or freeze until hardened (it doesn’t take very long). Then, either cut into bars or break into chunks.
- If you want to add a sprinkling of sea salt, do so! Crushed pecans or walnuts are great touch as well.
- Be sure to store your chocolate in the refrigerator or even the freezer so it does not get melty. (Coconut oil liquefies at 76 degrees.)