Now that you know emotions are stored and can cause you actual physical pain and problems, let’s talk about a solution on how to release stored emotions! If you have not read the post before this, go to: Emotions Effect Our Physical Health
There are many, many ways you can release stored emotions. It is best to try several ways and see which works best for you.
If you would like some direction check out his article for fun- Healing Method for Individuals.
Just know that intention is powerful.
Just exposing the emotion and being aware of it- takes the power away. Then using your words and simply speaking to release can do the job. This does not have to be complicated.
The below chart helps lay it out for you. You do not have to know everything only simply that you want to release and let go of the negative. Then remember fill with the positive emotion of what you want.
I have laid it out on this chart so it is easy to see what the positive might be. I also added an example of something you can say on the right hand side of the chart. When using the oil apply to release the emotions and then fill with the positive emotion. Simple right?
How to Release Stored Emotions:
1. Essential oils are on the top of the list because they are so versatile and they cross over into every area of our wellbeing -physical-mental-emotional-spiritual. They are the only tool that can help bless and cross over into in each category.
They are able to do all of the work for you in releasing emotions. Because of their frequency and the properties they carry, if you simply match an oil it to the emotion (listed below), the oils will do the work for you.
2. Breath-work: One of the easiest and cheapest approaches to releasing is breath-work; this is something that can be used in conjunction with many of the other modalities but it can also be used on its own. If you think about it and be conscious you will probably realize how shallow you breathe. Everyone does it- but that stuck, stale air is not good sitting in the bottom of your lungs.
So simply take deep breaths in your nose, and breathe out your mouth– each time making sure you can take no more in or breathe anymore out. Do this 3 times, and then on the next one focus on the emotion you want to release and with your breath out imagine you are breathing all that emotion out of your body.
3. EFT: Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) is a process of tapping on a series of acupressure points while reciting an affirmation. The goal of EFT is to release anxiety, trauma, and negative programming while replacing it with more positive thoughts and aspirations. There have been many programs that have come out around EFT. But here is a basic site to give you more information-EFT tapping points. Also check out this article with step by step and videos to lean how to do EFT.
In a basic gist: you say which emotion you want to release while tapping on the basic points of temples, in-between eyebrows, under your eyes, under your nose, on your chin and then on your collar bone. Using both hands and tapping each side at the same time.
4. Sound: The use of sound therapy to help clear chakras and other emotional issues is widespread; there are many practitioners who only focus on this. Music is a major one for me, as a Sagittarius my therapy is music. I can feel my energy vibrating when I listen to certain songs, some are alive and some are not but the frequency is what matters. This is an easy way for many people to start changing their energy in a subtle way.
If you want an app to listen to with frequencies for each chakra check out Jonathan Goldman’s chakra tuner.
5. Massage: A lot of massage therapists have stories of people emotionally falling apart for absolutely no reason while being on the massage table. This comes from the massage relaxing the body and releasing the tension and emotions we are holding. Most massage therapists are not trying to make this happen, but it occurs naturally. Going in with an intention of making it happen and treating your massage like a meditation time will help for the massage to be healing- it’s all about intention.
Some others would include:
There is also yoga, tai chi, mediation-which needs a separate post by itself, flower essences and homeopathy, crystals, writing, scribbling and coloring, light and color, and simply crying and screaming it out, or working out and running.
Everyone has their own way of releasing and you might have been doing it all these years and not even known it, it has all been done on a subconscious level in the background. And now that you are aware of it, it can be a much faster process.