Did not know you could make your own mascara? Awesome! If you do not want to buy a natural mascara already made for you and want to try you hand at making it, give it a go. Let me know how you like it!
- 1/4 tsp black mineral powder
- 1/4 tsp bentonite clay
- 1/8 tsp (about 4 drops) vegetable glycerine
- 1/4 tsp (plus more if needed) aloe vera gel
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
How to put it all together
- Mix all ingredients in a very small bowl until completely smooth.
- Add more aloe vera gel if needed to get a smooth consistency.
- Carefully use a medicine dropper and slowly squirt into the mascara container (or jar)
- Alternately, you can add the ingredients directly to the mascara tube and mix with the mascara brush, though it takes a while of mixing to get the ingredients smooth inside the tube.
- Use as you would regular mascara.
Use a washcloth with warm water or use coconut oil as a natural eye makeup remover.
Dust lashes with arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch first to thicken and lengthen even more. This works with a lash curler but I’ve found it is better to curl first so they don’t clump. Original recipe here.