There are a lot of natural companies making awesome non-toxic and chemical free make-up, but if you would like to take a shot at making your own, here is a good place to start! Very easy and versatile, the oils you choose will also help heal the skin, in whatever area you need. Or you can simply choose them based off how you would like it to smell. These are ingredients for an All-Natural Homemade Bronzer Recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoon arrowroot powder (like this)
- 15 drops lavender or rosemary essential oil
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
*If you prefer a loose powder, leave out the essential oils. But they do not add any wetness.
Directions for All-Natural Homemade Bronzer Recipe
Adjust the levels of ingredients to your shade and mix well in a small bowl. Break up any clumps until it’s smooth. Place the powder in a clean, empty compact and pack it in firmly.
- Cinnamon provides glow.
- Cacao gives depth and darkness.
- Nutmeg will give a sun-kissed brown.
- Cornstarch spreads it all out and lightens it.
- Essential oil keeps it together and thickens it.