I know! It looks so yummy right? This Face and Body Whipped Lotion is so soft, silky, and extremely moisturizing— and all without being overly greasy. It will not leave that greasy layer on your skin like straight Shea butter lotions. It absorbs very quickly into your skin. And FYI you could eat it 🙂
And here is a cute Creamy Body Lotion Label made for you!
After making this, you’ll never want to buy lotion again. Why? Because not only is this the best, softest, silkiest, most moisturizing body butter, it also costs so much less to make it yourself! A little bit does go a long way and you do not need much at all.
So what’s in this amazing whipped body lotion?
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup kokum butter
- 1/2 cup mango butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (the kind that’s solid at temperatures below 76 degrees)
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup sweet almond oil
- up to 30 drops of essential oil
How do you make this Whipped Body Lotion?
- measure out your butters and oils into a heat-safe glass or stainless steel bowl
- place bowl into a pot with hot water, melt your butter and oils till they mix together and soft
- whisk in your essential oils and arrowroot powder
- freeze for 20-30 minutes, stir every 5 min so it gets evenly cooled.
- whip until soft and fluffy (about 5 minutes)
I found this original recipe here, it has more step by step instructions and pictures. I have tried a lot of recipes for lotion and this is the best one. It is so CREAMY and not overly greasy, soaks in quicker and lasts a long time. Even better is that is also acts as a face lotion, I just add different add in for anti aging etc.
For body butter I do not add any scents as it smells already like an amazing like soft chocolate smell! You can add grapefruit, wild orange or whatever oil you need for your skin type and different skin conditions, like eczema (juniper berry).
If you like to make it into an anti-aging face lotion see the post Anti Aging Face Lotion.
This is where I have found the best deals, although through time that changes. You can get a lot of these at your local health food store, but I found it was more expensive. The coconut oil I use in everything I make and cook. I have tried a lot and it is the best one I have found.