There are so many recipes for deodorant out there, I have not tried making them because I am busy making other things! So many companies now making natural deodorants. I figure they have an up on me with research so I might as well save my time and buy them already done for me.
If you would like to try your hand at making a natural deodorant, here is a recipe:
Homemade Natural Deodorant
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- Essential oils (optional, but you could use tea tree oil, sweet orange, cinnamon, etc.)
- Mix baking soda and arrowroot powder in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and use a fork to blend into the dry ingredients.
- Put in 5-10 drops of your chosen essential oil (I used tea tree oil).
- Add more coconut oil or baking soda to achieve your desired consistency.
- To apply, use your fingers to scoop out a pea-size amount of the deodorant and massage it into your armpits daily or as needed. Allow a minute or two for the deodorant to set before getting dressed. Original recipe here.
Just remember this is not like the deodorant you are used to, since they do not have the chemicals in them they are not “antiperspirant” you might sweat but you will not stink.
This might be an adjustment for you, but know that sweating is actually good for you. It is your body’s natural built in way to detox and push out chemicals and toxins so you do not get overloaded and come down with major health issues.
Sweating keeps you healthy.
If making your own is not your thing or you do not want to take that on. Here some natural deodorants I have tried and have been using for a while, and they work great!
Other options for deodorant include:
Cutting and using a fresh lime, just rub it on right after you shower or even use lime essential oil and rub a couple drops on clean skin. They both dry and absorb quickly, so give some of these a try! Especially for women this is a must switching this out.