There are a lot of natural companies making awesome non toxic and chemical free make-up but if you would like to take a shot at making your own, here is a good place to start!
- 1 Tbs. cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder (like this)
- 15 drops lavender or rosemary essential oil
*If you prefer a loose powder, leave out the essential oils. But they do not add any wetness.
Adjust the levels of ingredients to your shade and mix well in a small bowl, and break up any clumps until it’s smooth. Place the powder in a clean, empty compact and pack it in firmly. Original recipe here.
- Cinnamon provides glow.
- Cocoa gives depth and darkness .
- Nutmeg will give a sun-kissed brown.
- Cornstarch spreads it all out and lightens it.
- Essential oil keeps it together and thickens it.