Homemade Chocolate Cake
OK this one is gooood. Soft and not crumbly, guilt free dessert. You can sub the honey for 1 cup organic sugar if you would like but do not forget the coconut whip cream!
- 2 cups local raw honey, warmed so it is soft
- 2 farm-fresh eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 3 cups whole-grain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup raw baking cocoa or carob cocoa
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a 9x13 pan with coconut oil and flour
- In a large mixing bowl mix, using beaters, combine the honey, eggs, stevia, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and almond or coconut milk.
- Add dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, baking cocoa, sea salt.
- After that is all mixed, add one cup of boiling water.
- Mix lightly and pour in a 9x13x2 pan that is greased and floured. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. If you are making cupcakes, bake 12 to 15 minutes.
1 can cold coconut milk (Never use lite coconut milk)
2 teaspoon coconut sugar or you can use 1 squirt of Chocolate or Vanilla liquid stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla
Put the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight. Do not shake it! When you are ready to make frosting, open and scrape off the thick part of the milk that is on the top. Whip with mixer or in blender until whipping cream thickens. You need to make sure you use a good brand of coconut milk—I like the Geisha brand.