For Goodness Sake Recipe
I have loved Oatmeal Cookies since I was little. This Chewy Oatmeal Cookies recipe needed to be included for the sake of food restrictions and when cleansing.
Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
Author: Leticia Turley Folau
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 ½ cups local raw honey (softened)
- 1 cup organic butter
- 2 farm-fresh eggs
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons stevia
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon non-aluminum baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ¾ cups whole-grain flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (simmered in water, cooled, and drained)
- 1 ½ cup chopped dates
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, add the honey and microwave until soft.
- Add butter and mix, then add eggs and mix.
- Add the vanilla and stevia, the rest of the spices, and then flour and oats, and mix well.
- Add nuts, dates, and raisins last, if desired.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet or 8 to 10 minutes.